Pookie Background

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Math Word Walls

Image taken from http://www.rundesroom.com/2012/
06/word-walls-and-crystal-balls.html

I am an elementary teacher at heart!  Therefore, I adore Word Walls!  In my math classroom I have a Word Wall that I swap out and add to as the students move through the different units.  All of the terms are from the PSSA and we practice using them in our explanations both orally and written.  Unfortunately, that is about it for my Word Wall.  I do not have a lot of interaction or activities built in for my students.  This is about to change!  I LOVE Mrs. Runde's Bog (Runde's Room).  Recently she posted her own Word Wall and how she uses Cootie Catcher activities with the students to encourage them to interact with the vocabulary.  You can buy her package on TPT (Teachers Pay Teachers - Jen Runde) or adapt her ideas for your own classroom.  She has inspired me to begin investigating new ways to integrate my Word Wall into my daily or weekly instruction.  What do you guys do with your Word Walls?  Thoughts for a middle school math teacher...

No comments:

Post a Comment