Pookie Background

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Teacher Binder

I won't lie to you...

Despite my reputation as being well organized and color-coded, my teacher binder is VERY ghetto.  I hate it and rarely use it the way I intended for it to be used.  So, since I have seen TONS of blog posts on improving the teacher binder, I have decided to revamp mine! 

I have started by creating a calendar for the school year and typing in the meetings and vacation days I am currently aware of (I should know more that first week of school and will add them as needed.)  This was simple enough and I didn't do anything fancy.  Next I created printable forms to either type or hand-write notes from faculty meetings and team leader meetings.  (That is right, I am a team leader this year.  I need to be prepared to bring my 'A' game!)  Then I created a weekly scope.  This document spans two pages and includes the days of the week and the three classes I will be teaching this year (Regular Math, Social Studies. and Honors Math.)  Last I created a weekly parent communication form.  I am undecided on this form.  I have always kept a running record for the school year on my computer, and not a handwritten form for each week.  Thoughts?

Seeing that I have done enough for one night, I will revisit my parent meeting form at another time.  I am hoping that by creating printable forms that I find easy to use, either on the computer or in print form, I will be able to manage all of the documentation I am required to keep.  While this process will probably require more paper and be slightly more time consuming in the beginning, I hope that it creates a more reliable and organized resource for me to use.

(My intent was to include links, but nothing uploaded properly to GoogleDocs.  I will try to get everything up soon.)

What forms can't you live without?  Please share links and ideas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment