Pookie Background

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Classroom Organization

My room tends to get a bit out of control during the school year.  I always start the school year with some sort of organizational plan in mind, but by Christmas it is out the window.  Through Pinterest I found Mrs. Terhune's blog.  She is full of fantastic organizational ideas for her classroom.  Her blog is geared towards 1st grade, but many of her ideas work across all grade levels.  Everything on her site is amazing!  While it is not technology driven, it is definitely creative and innovative!  I went ahead and ordered the All Purpose Teacher Organizer from Lakeshore Learning and some really great magazine holders (Whitmor) from Amazon to organize my unit games and activities.  I play lots of BINGO and Concentration with the kids so I have lots of sets of cards.  Instead of trying to store them in bins in a separate location or squeezing them into my unit binders, I will keep them in the magazine storage bins between binders.  This way everything is exactly where it needs to be for me to use it each year.

Hopefully I will get a chance to post some pictures of my new super organized classroom soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment