Pookie Background

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The World of Foldables

As I wrap up this school year and begin thinking about next year, FOLDABLES come SCREAMING to mind.  I have mentioned previously that I am trying to go towards a math center classroom (at least on Friday's next year) and thought that foldables would compliment my new approach.  In social studies I use vocabulary foldables (by clicking this link, you will be opening a PDF - it is safe.) The students are given multiple vocabulary foldable worksheets in order to accommodate all of the vocabulary.

While reading some older posts on Corkboard Connections I came across some very neat ways to use foldables in the classroom.  Many of the ideas shared can be used in my middle school math classroom.  Check out the list for your self by clicking below!




Let me know what you think and share any additional links to information on foldables in the classroom!  Through the link above I found The Enlightened Elephant (very colorful foldables) and Runde's Room (very cool math journaling.)  Both blogs have FANTASTIC uses for foldables in the math classroom.  I will be spending my summer pool-side with stacks of foldables!





No comments:

Post a Comment