Pookie Background

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

DonorsChoose.org


 I LOVE Donors Choose!  Without Donors Choose I would not have half of the supplies, manipulatives, and resources I do for my math and social studies classroom.

Donors Choose is an organization that connects donors to teachers with classroom needs.  Teachers create an account, go "shopping," build a list of classroom needs, and then post their project.  Donors Choose leaves your project up for a few months and donors can visit the site and scroll through projects, picking which ones they would like to fund.  I have had THREE, yes THREE, projects funded for my classroom - two math projects and one social studies.  A project does take a little time to put together.  I would set aside at least an hour to create your project.  If your project is funded, the materials belong to YOU, not the school.  As long as you remain in education as a public educator, they are your supplies to take with you!



No comments:

Post a Comment